Back Story (Disney College Program)

Hello one and all! my name is erica,  and i am currently participating in the disney college program in orlando, florida.  it was n...

Hello one and all!

my name is erica, 
and i am currently participating in the disney college program in orlando, florida. 
it was not at all what i thought it would be, 
but i am adjusted.

sooo... back story:

when i first thought of the disney college program, 
i thought it sounded like a dream come true.


who wouldn't want to work for disney and earn college credit?! 
so, i applied. 
the first time, 
i didn't get in. 
but, it was still my dream.
i applied a second time... and made it.



i did not expect this.
they hype it up,
and get kids from all over the world to come.
we get paid less than every one else.
housing is a mess,
unless you have wonderful roommates.
the transportation is the worst..ever.
basically, CP's are the lowest of the low here at disney.

i miss my family.


most of all,
i miss having certain freedoms.
i was grumpy my first few months out here.
let me explain:
i wasn't suppose to be in food service.
so, coming 3000 miles away to have my dreams crushed...
i was grumpy to say the least.
do i hate it?
of course not.
would I learn more before coming out?
most definitely.
know what you're getting into.


i have kept this in my mind the entire time I have been out here,
and it has helped.
walt disney is one of my heroes.


working for this company has one of the highest perks.
who else can go to a disney park for free whenever they want to?!
i could honestly do anything at a park every day if I chose to.

what am i going to do when i have to go back home to utah
and can't go play in the parks on my day off?!

yes, i am a disney clone.
they have brainwashed me to make me not want to leave,
despite everything i have gone through over here.

know what you're doing when you sign up to do the program.
watch videos, read blogs, and learn.
don't be like me.
i would have rather come as a full-time worker than as a CP.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images