Better Than What Cupcake Recipe

I had so much fun making these cupcakes! They are messy and delicious! These are also known as 'Better Than Sex' [usually it's i...

I had so much fun making these cupcakes! They are messy and delicious! These are also known as 'Better Than Sex' [usually it's in cake form] and 'Better Than Whatever' cupcakes. You get the idea :)

Ingredients
1 Devils Food Cake Mix [or you can make your own if you feel like it!]
1/2 [14 ounce] can Sweetened Condensed Milk
6 ounces Caramel Ice Cream Topping
Toffee [you can do bars, or just get Heath bits like I did :)]
1 container Cool Whip [or other whipped cream of choice!]



Bake cupcakes according to the package directions on cake mix box. When they come out of the oven, poke holes in the top. I did 5 holes with a plastic white spoon on each cupcake.


While the cupcakes are baking, mix the Sweetened Condensed Milk and Caramel Ice Cream Topping together on the stove and warm up a bit.

Once you have the holes in the cupcakes, spoon the caramel mixture into the cupcake holes. This works best if the cupcakes and mixture are both warm.


Leave the cupcakes to cool completely, as Cool Whip tends to melt if they are warm. I chose Cool Whip as my 'frosting' because I thought it would be too much sugar if I actually did a regular frosting. I just used a knife to spread the Cool Whip on the top as desired, spooned a little bit of the caramel mixture over the Cool Whip then added the toffee to the top. I think they turned out great!


T recommends that the next time I make them, I bake the toffee inside the actual cake, which I bet would be delicious!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

xx

You Might Also Like

36 comments

  1. Yum! I love whipped cream better as a topping too, some frostings are so sweet and rich <3

    Gina
    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thank you for stopping by, Gina!

      Delete
  2. Chocolate and Caramel in one. OMG!!! This must be very yummy!!! <3

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // What's New? January Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great! Thank you for stopping by Shaira! xx

      Delete
  3. delicious! http://www.alovelystyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate and caramel is my favourite combination, and you can never go wrong with Betty Crocker!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cupcakes are some of my favorite things to bake! Thanks for sharing!

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caramel, I looove caramel. Your cupcakes look yummy yummy.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look and sound so good! Always love learning new fun recipies (especially ones containing chocolate) and I can't wait to try this one out! :D

    Filippa | Always a Dot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping buy Filippa! xx

      Delete
  8. Hello I'am Chris !
    I suggest you to publicize your blog by registering on the "directory international blogspot"
    The "directory" is 30 million visits, 199 Country in the World! and more than 22,000 blogs. Come join us, registration is free, we only ask that you follow our blog
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    Imperative to follow our blog to validate your registration.Thank you for your understanding
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging
    i followed your blog, please follow back
    Best Regards
    Chris
    ++++++++++++++

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Finally I find someone else who loves Betty Crocker mixes haha - this mix looks delicious! Have you tried Betty Crocker's Chewy Choc Brownie Mix before? It's like an extremely gooey version of their normal brownie mix :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their Chewy Choc Brownie mix! I am the biggest sucker for brownies! They are so great! <3

      Delete
  10. Yummy! Great post babe! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Len! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! xx

      Delete
  11. Great spin on cupcakes! Love the look of these! Have a great day!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty crocker is great!

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely enjoyed this post dear!


    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, I'm sitting here snacking on salty snacks while watching the Super Bowl and now I'm wishing there was something sweet like these cupcakes!!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm! These look so moist and delicious! Love the icing job you have done as well, looks beautiful!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images