Sugar Cookie Recipe

For Christmas Eve, I was on the hunt for an amazing Sugar Cookie Recipe. I don't like hard sugar cookies, so it was kind of a challenge....

For Christmas Eve, I was on the hunt for an amazing Sugar Cookie Recipe. I don't like hard sugar cookies, so it was kind of a challenge. I found the below recipe:

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 butter
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit [175 degrees Celsius].

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.


In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended.


I found that the dough was really, really sticky. If I hadn't run out of flour, I probably would have added just a bit more. I also made the dough the night before just in case this happened. Personally, I put the dough in the fridge overnight so it could set a bit more.


At this point, you can either roll into balls, then roll those balls in some sugar. Which I did for most of the batter.

I also wanted some fun christmas shapes, so I used what little flower I had left [and my hands since I forgot I don't have a rolling pin] and did about 12 christmas shaped cookies. I felt like this was more than enough since it's just me and T eating the cookies. It was pretty rough because the dough was still pretty sticky [again, I would have used more flour -- maybe a cup] the cookies expanded and ended up looking huge! We decorated a few with frosting, but mainly liked eating them plain. They were chewy and perfect once they were baked! Ours were huge!


Sugar cookies are hard to tell if they are done, because they are so light. I only cooked mine on 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Overcooking these cookies is the worst. My first batch of sugar rolled cookies I cooked for about 12 minutes. They weren't burnt, but the sugar on the bottom was brown and not that lovely. Even though they might not look done, just pull them out of the oven for a few minutes to cool. They should look done after a few minutes. If not, you can always put them back in. I hope you enjoyed the recipe! Let me know if you try it or if you want to see more recipes on this blog!

xx

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. These look yummy, I haven't tried baking cookies on my own before :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these sound and look yummy xxx I have baked triple chocolate cookies before but never sugar cookies...I would definitely try making them one day. ❤️
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete

Flickr Images