Valentine's Day

I am so sorry I haven't posted recently. For some reason, lately, I have not been motivated at all.. I literally have no motivation to d...

I am so sorry I haven't posted recently. For some reason, lately, I have not been motivated at all.. I literally have no motivation to do anything. I am really trying to stay motivated. Any ideas on how to be more motivated are welcome :)

At work, I am still on the hunt for either a new position or a completely new job, so that's exciting. I do have until May to find something, so I still have time :)

Also last weekend, I had been kind of grumpy [due to lack of motivation and feeling like a bum] and T was so great and patient. He took me for an early Valentine's date. We went and got my ring cleaned and ate yummy burgers at Red Robin. Then we walked around Salt Lake City and looked at the temple and City Creek Mall. I think the City Creek mall is so pretty.

photo credit: google

It can be completely outdoors in the summer. In the winter, the ceiling is on (as show above) and during the summer, it moves off :) We had a great time walking around. Then T surprised me by taking me to the Little America Hotel. T and I had gone to the Little America on our wedding night. I think it is such a pretty hotel. I am so happy that he surprised me with that for Valentine's day :) Our room looked like this:

photo credit: http://saltlake.littleamerica.com/

Seriously.. SO beautiful! We walked around the hotel and saw their cool pool [and my slippers got drenched!]. T planned everything and even packed us an overnight bag. He's seriously the BEST! It was so fun just having a little getaway and to be together :)

This weekend we went shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond and Lowe's. We got a new lamp for our living room and some other random house stuff that we were missing. It was really fun :) we also discovered I have like no upper body strength [I struggled carrying the lamp through the store, then lifting albs weights] haha... so we laughed about that all night :)

Over the weekend, we also watched The Martian. If you've seen it, what did you think? I really liked it! I thought it was done so well and it really made me think. That situation would be so crazy! If you haven't seen it, you definitely should! It is worth the watch :)

Valentine's Day was really fun and relaxing at our house. We thought T had to work [but his schedule randomly got changed] so we watched The Office all day :) we also ate lots of chocolate and made dinner together. T had homework to do, so I watched Psych, then it was back to watching The Office. I love being with my handsome husband so much! I really enjoyed it! I don't post much on Instagram, but if you want, you can follow me! @_ericawhite2 There is a sappy Valentine's Day post on there :)

Also, if you didn't see my last post, be sure to check out my Sugar Cookie Recipe post here.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Did you do anything fun for Valentine's or just over the weekend in general?

xx

You Might Also Like

54 comments

  1. Lovely!

    www.nomoretulips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of your husband! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend!!
    I started keeping a planner, so I plan things ahead of time and it motivates me to get them done. I also try not to bum around too much, if I do, I don't want to do anything. LOL! Hope that helps a bit.
    xo, Lily
    beautywithlily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lily! The suggestion about the planner is great! I need to start using mine more :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely place Erica! I spent VD in restaurants!;)
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place, sound like you had a great Vday
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Great place!
    Love,
    Kisses and hugs from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hotel looks nice.
    Looks like you had a great vday.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! I hate feeling demotivated. I hope it will pass soon for you. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I absolutely enjoyed reading this. Happy Wednesday!

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! What a great place!

    -Tatiana
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about feeling unmotivated because I'm feeling the same way right now so unfortunately I don't have any tips other than to stick with it (which is the most generic advice ever) but at least it sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day!

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Its good to know I am not alone in feeling this way :)

      Delete
  11. I'm happy you had a great vale day! That hotel is wonderful!!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had an amazing V-day. Beautiful pics.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pics!!!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the hotel xx
    Hope you can get motivated again ❤️
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was so nice of your husband to surprise you like that!
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like the perfect getaway!!!
    To stay motivated it's always great to make a "to do" list for everyday. This way all things get done and checked off the list as you go. Hope that helps!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your suggestion! I will definitely need to start making to do lists daily!

      Delete
  17. Ohhh! You guys are so fancy! Love it!

    xoxo,
    www.houseofakih.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, what a lovely post ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you had an amazing Valentine's Day! I've seen Martian as well, such a cool movie :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martian is such a cool movie! I'm glad you watched it!

      Delete
  20. What wonderful ways to spend Valentines Day - that mall does look beautiful and how sweet to surprise you with a hotel getaway :) x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is the greatest! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  21. Sounds like you had a lovely V-Day, darling! <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pictures! Have a blessed Monday doll!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The post is fantastic! I love it so much!:)
    Have a nice day!

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That sounds like a wonderful surprise, you are a lucky girl! Love the hotel, look dreamy.

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This seems quite interesting. I had a great time reading your Valentine’s Day details. My fiancĂ© also made my day special. He hosted a grand surprise party at one of my favorite party venues. We truly had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I'm glad you also had a great Valentines day! Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete

Flickr Images