Book Review: Chronicles of Narnia

A little bit ago, I started re-reading the Chronicles of Narnia book series in the order of the movies. For those who don't know, C.S. L...

A little bit ago, I started re-reading the Chronicles of Narnia book series in the order of the movies. For those who don't know, C.S. Lewis wrote 7 Chronicles of Narnia books,and there are two different orders they can be read in:

Firstly, in chronological order (the way they are printed):

1. The Magicians Nephew
2. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
5. Voyage of the Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

Secondly, how they were written:

1. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
2. Prince Caspian
3. Voyage of the Dawn Treader
4. The Silver Chair
5. The Horse and His Boy
6. The Magicians Nephew
7. The Last Battle

C.S. Lewis is such an inspired writer and the last time I read these books was in third grade. I looked at them on my bookshelf and decided to reread them (along with a few other books). I loved them so so much! C.S. Lewis is such an inspired writer, and my books are now completely highlighted! There is so much symbolism if you are looking for it. That's what makes it such an amazing children and adult book! If you haven't read them yet, I would definitely suggest reading them!

If you read them in chronological order, it does jump around a bit.

1. The Magicians Nephew -- This is the first time we visit Narnia from our world. It is also the creation of Narnia, and when the White Witch gets placed in Narnia.

2. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe -- This follows Lucy, Edmund, Susan, and Peter as they stumble into Narnia through a wardrobe. That wardrobe does belong to the Magicians Nephew from the first one.

3. The Horse and His Boy -- This has always been a favorite! This is a story of Narnia characters, so not about anyone from our world going over there. It is about a little slave that lives outside of the lands of Narnia, and takes a trip with a talking Horse.

4. Prince Caspian -- This is the second story with Lucy, Edmund, Susan, and Peter. They help Prince Caspian claim his rightful spot on the throne.

5. Voyage of the Dawn Treader -- This follows Lucy, Edmund, and their cousin Eustace. They go on a trip all over the Narnian world searching for Prince Caspian's father's advisers that have scattered.

6. The Silver Chair -- Eustace goes back to find a lost prince with Jane.

7. The Last Battle -- Jane and Eustace go back to Narnia one final time for Narnia's ending.

If you read them in written order, they do have some different revelations, and you can see how everything is connected a bit more. Either way to read it is fine and up to personal preference. I read this series in the written order, and I LOVED it. My books are so highlighted with amazing quotes and symbolism. C.S. Lewis is so inspired and in tune. Definitely give this series a shot if you haven't read them! Or reread them if you haven't read them in a while!

Have you read this series? What are your favorite books?

xx

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. This was a great review. I have never read this before but it sounds lovely. :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really are great books!

      Delete
  2. 7 books?! I had no idea there were that many in this series. Perfect post, beauty!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! Didn't know that! Perhaps one day I will get the time and go back and read them all :)

    Claire

    www.thegreeneyedgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! They aren't very big books, so they are a pretty easy read :)

      Delete
  4. Awww lovely!
    XOXO, Rachel
    www.rachelvogttrends.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh I read this series a few times when I was younger and absolutely loved them - I had no idea they weren't written in order though! x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! Thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  6. I read this when I was younger, but I definitely want to read them again...it such a classic book series!


    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks for stopping by Valerie!

      Delete
  7. I'm so in love with this collection. I'm thinking about rereading them just for fun! Love that you enjoyed it!


    xx,
    Abby
    www.houseofakih.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love thiss!! def will read
    http://islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not heard of these! I am always looking for books to read in the summer! Sounds great!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They are a fun and easy read :)

      Delete

Flickr Images