Breaking Bad

You guys.. I finished Breaking Bad last night! I know that I am really late to the bandwagon for that show. Breaking Bad took us FOREVER to ...

You guys.. I finished Breaking Bad last night! I know that I am really late to the bandwagon for that show. Breaking Bad took us FOREVER to watch.. We would stop and watch other shows in between until about last month when we decided we needed to religiously watch it in order to finish it. Don't worry, there won't be any spoilers in this post.


Overall, I thought it was a good show. It had a lot of great points and good character development. It definitely wasn't my favorite show, though. I found myself getting stressed out by it (which shows that it is a show that makes you feel) and I had some rough dreams after watching it. I have really crazy dreams and Breaking Bad did not help those dreams.

I am glad I watched it and that I know everything that happened. I do not like Walter White (main character for those of you who haven't seen it). He starts off fine and a good person, but at the end, he makes some really dumb decisions and I don't like him as a person at the end. I realize that that is exactly how he is written which is great! I feel like he is super smart in most areas, and then there's those times when he is a complete idiot.

I didn't like Todd.. He comes in at the end and he's kind of a weirdo.. I did like Mike though, and I am excited to watch more of Better Call Saul for more of Mike's story!

Out of everyone, I think my favorite person is Jesse. I feel like he grows SO much in the show and I found myself rooting for him a lot. I also think he was a great actor most of the time! I didn't start out liking him, but by the end, he is my favorite.

I also really liked Hank and Marie. They start off super annoying and jerks.. But they also evolve their characters and you can see why they do the things they do at the end. The ending killed me with Hank and Marie. It's fine. I just cried all night because I was so attached to them.. I do also wish the last episode of the series showed more about Marie..

I think the creators of Breaking Bad did a great job! The script was good, the acting was pretty good, the cinematography was awesome. I also really like that they have little snippets before the intro on each show. It helped to get my attention focused on the show. I also think the creators of Breaking Bad are awesome for making you feel for their characters. It really was like a roller coaster of emotions for me (which can be a bit harder to handle if you are already an emotional person, like I am). Also, I am not a big fan of blood in movies/TV shows.. I liked that there were some episodes without blood and others with a small amount of blood. However, there are a few episodes in the entire series with a LOT of blood in a scene, which made me nauseous. Also, I felt like the slightly nude/sex scenes just didn't need to be in it.. but that's just me.

Overall, I liked watching Breaking Bad. If you are interested in it, definitely give it a watch! I don't know if I will be one to watch the whole thing a second time, but I might watch random episodes here or there if someone I am with is watching it.

Have you seen Breaking Bad? What were your thoughts?

xx

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I've been contemplating on watching this show for ages, but there's many mixed reviews! I enjoy action, gore and adventure alot, so many people have told me this might not be for me...

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    sarahinks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely a great show to watch if you're into that sort of thing!

      Delete
  2. I am still not finished with the show, even though I like it a lot. Watching TV is always so slow with mine and the husbands busy schedule.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a really great write up on this particular show that I have never seen before. :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen the entire show. While I liked the beginning, I didn't enjoyed the later seasons that much.

    Luxessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything just gets so crazy near the end!

      Delete
  5. Haven't watched a single episode, maybe I should get to it right now!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a watch!

      Delete
  6. OMG! You are really super late. I have watched the whole season twice..lol a big fan of it. I can't wait for Better call Saul season two.
    www.effortlesslady.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm excited to start Better Call Saul!

      Delete
  7. Haven't watched a single episode, but thanks for sharing babe.
    Have a great and wonderful Easter!
    much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither haven't watched a single episode, lol. Beautiful post. Wishing you a beautiful Easter, girl.
      xox
      Lenya
      FashionDreams&Lifestyle

      Delete
    2. Thank you both for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  8. I bought the whole box set for a friend a few years back and we watched it all in less than three weeks - its so good! x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images