Conference Weekend

Hello lovelies! I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend! Sorry for not posting on Friday, we have been busy! Last week I parted ways...

Hello lovelies!

I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend! Sorry for not posting on Friday, we have been busy!

Last week I parted ways with one of my best friends of many years. No friendship is bigger than the one you share with your husband. If a friend tries to make you choose between them and your husband [or spouse] it's just not going to happen. I would never expect that of any of my friends. My husband is my very best and dearest friend. I married him for so many reasons, including the fact that he is my best friend. I come home and the first person I always want to talk to is him. I chose him for my eternal companion. I love him SO much and no  friendship is going to ruin that. Friendships should never get in the way of a happy marriage. T encourages me to be the best version of myself and he makes me the happiest I have ever been in my life. I am truly blessed to have him by my side forever <3

Friday we went to T's mission reunion! T served his LDS mission in Russia with my cousin, A [that's how T and I got together!]. It was really cool going with T, A, and A, even though I cannot understand Russian at all. I liked getting to talk with people who had been companions with my husband. After, we left and went to IHOP. We had a great time laughing and talking with each other. I was super exhausted! I cannot stay up very late.. I am the person who falls asleep at like 9 pm. We got home around 11:30 and I was falling asleep in the car!

Saturday we went to help T's parents get all packed up to move into their new house. Most of T's extended family was there and it was great seeing everyone. I seriously love my inlaws and T's side of the family <3 We worked so fast! After, T and I went to Blue Fish. Blue Fish is the most AMAZING sushi place. We went for the first time for my birthday dinner and we have loved it ever since! While we were there, there was a rescue dog place outside. I want a dog SO bad. It was fun getting to play with the dogs. When we got home, we watched Will Smith in Concussion. It was pretty cool to see science behind finding a mental illness in American football. We also started watching Vikings. Have any of you seen it?

This weekend was Conference weekend for the LDS church. It is a weekend where we listen to our Prophet and other leaders give inspiring messages. You can check out the church here. Our Sunday was spent watching and doing homework (yes, I help T with the homework I can). After, we went up to T's aunts house for a late Easter dinner. It was super yummy! It was also fun to listen to T and his brother reminisce about their childhood :)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! Did you do anything super fun?

xx

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. So sad about that friend that is not a really yfriend for you
    Interesting post
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend Erica! Beautiful post!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww it is so hard to make decisions like that for friends.
    Me and my best friend is not in good terms as well.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a hard situation. Thank you for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  4. You are not in this world to live up to your friend expectations. I hope one day your friend will understand it and you'll get your friend back. Your life looks full, it's a reason to enjoy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words hun! xx

      Delete
  5. I totally agree- my husband is my best friend first and foremost. :)
    xo
    N
    Style Tomes ||ST on IG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the best! You marry your best friend for a reason :)

      Delete
  6. Love this post!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about your friend but it sounds like you have made the right decision.
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's sad when friends do things like that, but it's just really important to know when it time to let go. Glad you had fun otherwise :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thank you for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  9. I'm sorry to hear a friend encouraged you to choose between them and your husband, I'd imagine the choice is pretty clear on that one - so I can understand why you weren't too sad and are able to move on :) Hope your week is going well so far!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and understanding! I hope you are having a great week so far as well xx

      Delete
  10. So lovely! I like the pictures too. Have a great day.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful day!
    much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images