Engagement Story

Hello lovelies! I realized that I never posted our engagement story, so here it is! <3 January 10th, 2015 we were celebrating our 6 ...

Hello lovelies!

I realized that I never posted our engagement story, so here it is! <3

January 10th, 2015 we were celebrating our 6 month anniversary. We had decided to go to Cheesecake Factory for our date.

T told me to dress up, and I kind of felt like something was going to happen.. I basically spent the day talking myself out of it because I didn't know if he even wanted to marry me at this point.

We went up to Cheesecake Factory, and there was a 70 minute wait. We had fun just walking around the mall. We finally got to eat and it was SO good. I had never eaten there before and it was pretty fantastic. We had a great night just eating yummy food and talking.

We had also made plans to go feed the ducks at my favorite park. We drove down to my favorite park and just had a great time talking on the way down there. It was cold and dark and I joked that there wasn't going to be any ducks, and that they had all flown away.

We went the park and got all ready to feed the ducks. I noticed that this little pavillion (I don't know what else to call it..) was covered in Christmas lights. It was so pretty. T suggested we go check it out. I got really nervous and started walking reaallly slow. We got up to it and saw that there was rose petals leading the way to the single table under the pavilion. On the table there was a red table cloth with a lace over lay. On top of the table cloth, there was a lot of little tealight candles. In the middle of the table was a BIG gift back that said "Life is a special occasion.."

T had to convince me that the bag was for me--to celebrate our 6 months together. Inside the bag, there was a big heavy box wrapped in Mickey Mouse Christmas wrapping paper. Inside that box, was a smaller box, tons of candy, a DVD we had been wanting to watch, a note, and the new Into the Woods movie soundtrack. Sound perfect so far? Just wait.. It gets better.. In the next box was another box and more candy, another note, sugar cookie scented tealight candles, and some Tinkerbell stickers. In the next box was MORE candy!!, a note!, and a smaller box. By this point, I am shaking.. and I am taking soo long to open everything! I open the last and smallest of the boxes, and there is a ring box tied with a ribbon. After finally getting the ribbon off, there is another note. When I turn the note over it said, "Erica, will you marry me?"

I turned around and T was down on his knee. I definitely cried and said YES!!

Good thing we had awesome people hiding under a tree so we have documentation of this awesome proposal! It was PERFECT. I honestly am the luckiest girl in the whole world. T is such a sweetheart and I am so happy that I get to spend the rest of eternity with my best friend.




xx

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Awwww this is the sweetest thing I've read all day! You're one lucky woman!

    xx,
    Abby
    www.houseofakih.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story!! Engagement stories are the best!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they are so fun to read too :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a sweet engagement story! Thank you for sharing!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be one of the best proposal stories I've ever heard! It's so lovely that he went to all the effort with the set up with the lights

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! He made it so special!

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh, how adorable! I absolutely love the Disney theme to the packaged box, particularly the Mickey Mouse wrapping paper :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's definitely something I love since Disney is my favorite :)

      Delete
  6. Ahhh congratulations on your engagement, love! This story is lovely. Wishing you two all the best!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special, love romantic stories like this one. Sounds perfect!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh this is so sweet. I wish someone would do this for me in the future and of course, my friends would have a documentation of it too! Haha :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post- Lighthouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely hope to read your engagement story in the future! I am sure it will be magical :)

      Delete
  9. That is priceless and so sweet
    I love your engagement story dear

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stunning! I like this so much.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww what a sweet story!! Makes me reminisce of my engagement- totally warm and fuzzy feelings all around. Congratulations on such a wondrous occasion!
    xo
    N
    Style Tomes ||ST on IG

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a romantic and beautiful engagement story! What a thoughtful and lovely way to propose <3! Thank you for sharing, pretty lady!!!
    XX,
    Heather
    www.alittlecasual.com
    www.alittlecasual.com

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images