Anniversary Weekend

Hello lovelies! As you know, our anniversary was last month. If you missed my post about it, click here . Since our anniversary was on a...

Hello lovelies!

As you know, our anniversary was last month. If you missed my post about it, click here.

Since our anniversary was on a Monday, we knew that even if we took Monday off of work, T would still have to go to school. So, we decided that we would take off the days needed to be off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Originally, we were going to go down to Bryce Canyon. There were some lovely hikes that I would have loved to go on, but the weekend before [we were still on the fence about it], we were driving around a lot. We decided instead that we wanted to stay closer to home [Bryce Canyon is about 4 hours away], and we would go to the Aquarium and do anything else we were interested in doing!

Thursday night we went to the hot tub with A and A. My cousin, A, mentioned that his family was going camping near Goblin Valley, and he and his girlfriend A weren't going to drive down there until 11pm Friday night, and A had a tent T and I could use. T and I thought about it and it was perfect! We decided last minute to go with them! T and I are not big campers, but we were given a 2 person sleeping bag and a cooler and some camping chairs for our wedding. We went to Walmart [literally at 2:30 am] and we grabbed food, padding, another sleeping bag just in case, and some actual flashlights. We got like 6 hours of sleep that night.

The next morning, we got all packed up, and T finished homework, then we went up to the Living Planet Aquarium. I thought it was kind of expensive, but I loved seeing the ducks, otters, penguins, and sting rays. Sting rays are my FAVORITE! They are so cool swimming in the water. We were really sad that in the touch pools, the sting rays just stayed in the middle so we didn't get to touch them :( The jelly fish were also really cool. The otters were adorable! They were so active and playing around! Then we went to T's parents new house and helped them unload the truck :) it was really fun hanging out with his family! After that was done, of course we went to Blue Fish for dinner. We finally got home at like 9:30pm, and finished getting everything ready to go. A and A picked us up and we were off! T was the first to drive, then A [it was a 4 hour drive as well]. We got pulled over haha, and I got SUPER carsick. Like the most carsick I have probably ever been. I get motion sickness so bad. I didn't throw up or anything [thank heavens] but I felt awful for the last hour or so of the drive. We finally found camp at 3am. Our tent was with L and L for the night at a different campsite, so we stayed with my little cousins and A and A. I got maybe an hour sleep that night. Even though we weren't in the car any more, I was still so sick! I thought it might have been food poisoning at the time, but it was probably just really bad motion sickness.

The next morning my uncle S said that we were going on a 4.7 mile hike; Little Wild Horse Canyon hike. Yeah, no. It was 8.5. We were not prepared haha. But it was really cool to hike in the canyon and it was really pretty! It rained a few times and we were soaking! We were in a bad mood at the 4ish mile because that's when we found out that we weren't close to being done--only half way! The canyon had flooded so we were hiking through water. Actually, everyone else was flexible and tall enough to climb the walls over the water, and I had to walk through water.. Here are some photos of the hike:







^^ I though this was funny because it looks like T is pushing the rock on top of L below

^^This is below the rock where L was in the above picture. We had fun :)







 ^^T was always climbing up so high with the other guys!





^^These are some of my favorites! I loved they way they looked when we would wind through the canyon! It was also really cool seeing where the water had been that caused the canyons to form!









^^I also love this photo I took of L and L! <3


^^Me and T! I sure do love this handsome husband of mine!! <3

We were so excited to be back to camp and in dry clothes! While they were making dinner, we were in the tent talking with everyone and the rain started up again. We all decided to go to Hanksville for some burgers. 5 minutes in the car and I was sick. It was awful! By the time we got there, I had lost all appetite and realized that my lovely aunt had some motion sick pills. I took them after eating some nibbles here and there. Near the end of dinner my head started to feel fuzzy. We got in the car and I finally slept!! They stopped at Goblin Valley, but it was dark and I was sleepy.. We got back to camp and we ate some yummy rolls. We slept much better the second night in our little two person tent.

Sunday we got all packed up, and we went to Goblin Valley. We all ran around and climbed all over everything, then we ate lunch and I took some more motion sick pills for the drive home. We got home and it was SO nice to shower and be clean! Here are some pictures from Goblin Valley:


^^Yes, this is a photo of most of us on top taken from the ground!


^^This is our whole group :)

We had such a lovely weekend with everyone! You may think that it's lame to spend our anniversary weekend with some of our family, but it was a fun adventure! We are alone the majority of the time, so it was fun to go on a big camping trip with everyone! We had a great time on our anniversary weekend! <3 I truly am the luckiest girl in the world!

xx

You Might Also Like

54 comments

  1. It looks like so much fun. I am sure you had a fantastic time. Beautiful pics, thx for sharing, Erika. Happy Friday, girl.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these pictures are gorgeous! This place looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing getaway! It looks beautiful there!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun adventure! As an outdoors person, I would love to visit Bryce Canyon. Lovely photos!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Utah has great nature :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a lovely time apart from being sick! Happy Anniversary from me! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, beautiful! Cheers to many more years of love and fond memories to be made! I've heard how Utah has such beautiful canyons and mountains to hike, I've never been, but I sure do want to go and this post has encouraged me even more! These photos are just gorgeous, I bet you really did have an amazing time! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your anniversary weekend!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jalisa! You definitely should come! It is gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! The location looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. On point! This is so nice!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your blog is amazing! I love it! xx
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you ASAP.
    Have a great weekend!


    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Absolutely! I will head to your blog now :)

      Delete
  10. This is such an amazing post, and it seems like you had a really great time!!! Thanks for sharing it with us
    Have a great day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing photos. It sounds like you had a fantastic time (apart from the motion sickness!)
    Happy belated anniversary :)

    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, what an amazing adventure! I haven't been hiking in quite a while, there's something so refreshing about being in somewhere so open and disconnected from the fast pace of elsewhere! Sorry to hear you had to walk through the water haha, though hopefully it was refreshing?! ;)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so refreshing to be outdoors and away from the world :) Walking through the water was definitely a new experience ;) xx

      Delete
  13. Happy Anniversary! What a great way to celebrate!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures look amazing, seems like you had a wonderful time :) Happy Anniversary!

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awee, happy anniversary!! Seems like you had a wonderful time :) xx

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    sarahinks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Amazing clicks, lovely place to visit & have some fun!
    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow looks like an amazing experience, happy anniversary!!

    xx Melis
    http://fashionmews.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds and looks like you had such an amazing weekend! I'm glad you got to celebrate, even if it was a bit belated. :)

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! I'm glad we got to celebrate too :)

      Delete
  19. Such amazing pictures.Looks like lots and lots of fun
    sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO sorry to hear about all the motion sickness and a bit of a bat mood vibe the first day! Despite it all, seems like the trip was an amazing experience. The photos are stunning! Would love to hike there. Happy anniversary!
    xo
    N
    Style Tomes ||ST on IG

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Sounds like an amazing weekend. great pics!

    http://dreaminloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful celebratory weekend! Love your pictures!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks like such an adventure! Love your photos :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  24. Looks like you guys had such a fun adventure here. Happy anniversary to you the lovely couple!

    -Lily from With Love Lily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks like an amazing trip! I am dying to visit one day. Loving all these photos!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It is beautiful! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  26. Ah I can really sympathise with the motion sickness, if we ever travel anywhere far I feel so sick that I am usually unable to eat anything at all until the day after we've travelled, it's horrible! Glad you still had a nice time though, sounds like a great trip :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely invest in some motion sick pills! I have also heard that motion sick bracelets work too - I'll have to try that next! xx

      Delete

Flickr Images