Delay

Hello lovelies! I have missed you! Well.. These last two weeks have been a little crazy. First, two Monday's ago [April 18th] wa...

Hello lovelies! I have missed you!


Well.. These last two weeks have been a little crazy.

First, two Monday's ago [April 18th] was my best friend M's birthday! You can check out her blog here :) She is so amazing and I loved getting to spend a part of her birthday with her! <3

Tuesday of last week I started getting really ill. I just didn't feel well and it was a sickness that I had never really experienced before. I was really nauseous and I couldn't sleep [which is not like me at all!] By Friday it was worse. We thought it might have been a kidney infection, so I made an appointment with my doctor. When I got there, the nurses did a little test and they said it wasn't a kidney infection. They couldn't figure it out, so we went to talk with a random midwife because my doctor wasn't there. I was SO disappointed with that midwife. Basically, she didn't believe that I was in as much pain as I was in because I can keep my pain in pretty well. She didn't do a check up or anything, she just said 'If it's as bad as you're saying it is, go to the Emergency Room.' Umm. No. I'm at a doctor's office and I should be able to get the same care. I tried to argue it a little bit, but she wasn't budging on it. She threw away the sample I gave her and said, 'just go to the ER'. I was so frustrated and honestly scared. I drove home crying. I went to the store and got some cranberry juice [just in case it had been a kidney infection] and then I went home and laid on the couch. Poor T had finals to do, which was fine because I just kept trying to sleep. I also just wanted to eat food but I was so nauseous. Friday night after T made dinner, my fever broke [thank heavens!]. Saturday I started to feel a little better, and by Sunday I was feeling even better!

Sunday we went up and had dinner at my dad's house. I held a chicken! Which is huge because they kind of terrify me. I might have overdone it though, because Monday I felt awful again. Almost as bad as Friday, without the fever. I struggled getting myself to work, then T and I ended up going to InstaCare for over 2 hours. I did another sample that came back clean and did blood work that came back clean. The only thing they could see on the blood work was that my white blood cell count was reversed, so it showed I had some sort of virus. Since they didn't know more than that, I was sent away to go take pain medication. 

By Wednesday, I was able to start eating a little bit more here and there. I was still going to work. I felt like I just had some allergies as my whole body was itchy and my eyes were itchy, but I didn't take any allergy medicine because I wanted my body to balance out. Thursday started out fine, but then my throat started to hurt really bad. I came home, and T surprised me with a cute date night with our friends! The guys made yummy spaghetti and us girls made home made lemon bars! We had a little Italian themed date complete with watching When in Rome. The guys even liked the movie [because it's hilarious!].

Friday, I felt horrible. My neck was so swollen because of my sore throat, that I looked like a frog! I couldn't talk very well, but I managed to get to work. By 11, it wasn't getting any better regardless of the cold medicine I had taken. I left work, and I went home and slept until about 3:30pm. When I woke up I felt worse. We went to InstaCare AGAIN. I was really hesitant, but they could actually see that my throat was swollen, so I had more confidence that I would be getting some sort of medication to finally kick this sickness out of my system. They did a strep test that came back clear, but the doctor was so great! I had a bacterial throat infection, so he gave me antibiotics, anti-inflammatory for the swelling, and some anti-nausea medicine because I had been so sick. We left to pick up the prescription, came home to eat dinner, and I took my first round of medicine. By that point, my throat was even more swollen, and every time I swallowed, it felt like I was swallowing glass. T hung out with my cousin A, and I got some sleep around 8pm. I would sleep for an hour then wake up for half an hour. By 11pm, I was in so much pain, T came and gave me some ibuprofen. I slept a little bit better, and by Saturday morning, I was feeling a little bit better. I made the mistake of eating some cereal though, and my throat started hurting all over again. Ibuprofen was not working. We went to the store for some popsicles and Tylenol PM. Sunday I was in the same amount of pain, but the Tylenol was helping!

Since Sunday, I have begun to feel better! I can swallow without a lot of pain, which is amazing! I can also talk almost normally. I took Monday and Tuesday off so I could sleep more and feel better. Sometimes, when you get a sickness, you need to take the time for your body to heal. I didn't do that at the start of this, which I probably should have so it wouldn't have progressed as much as it did. I just don't like taking time off of work [other than vacations] because I hate feeling lazy. It was good to take the time off and feel better :) If I hadn't, it probably would have gotten worse.

T finished his finals for the semester! We have about a week before he starts his 19 credit summer semester. I am so proud of him! He has been so wonderful helping me out and taking care of me. I am seriously so spoiled by him! I can't wait to finally kick this sickness and not feel like a walking plague so I can be back to feeling more like a productive wife instead of feeling like a boring one who just sleeps and complains. He has been so patient through this whole thing. He is truly my greatest blessing. I am the luckiest girl in the world because he is mine :)

Oh! I also got my hair done by my lovely friend! You can check out her work with hair by looking up #hairbynicholehendrickson on Instagram. Here is the before and after of my hair:


I honestly love every time she does my hair! She always does amazing work! Since I have been sick,  haven't really played with my hair yet :( I am excited to start playing with it more! I will need to post about my hair journey soon!

I hope you all have had a great week! I can't wait to catch up on reading all of your blogs! Have a lovely rest of your week!

xx

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. OH man...I'm so sorry you were feeling bad. Sounds terrible...and I can't believe that midwife was so rude!!
    Love your hair, turned out so good!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair transformation looks amazing! I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well - though relieved to hear you finally got to see a professional who understood how much pain were you in. Wishing you a super-speedy recovery gorgeous :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds rough, lovely that you're feeling better now! And your hair looks so good! Xx


    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair!


    DadieB. ~
    dadiebradshaw.altervista.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh you poor thing! That's a hell of a couple of weeks to go through. Some doctors/nurses are just plain rude and I've visited my fair share of them who don't take you seriously and just want you gone. It's unfortunate, I have no idea why they are even doing that job to begin with! I'm glad you're on the mend though and getting better. Your hair looks lovely too!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely understand! Thank you for stopping by Lorna! xx

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad that you're feeling better! That sounds scary! Also your hair looks incredible

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair look amazing Erica! Hope yoou feel better! ;)
    ☻☻☻
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your highlights look super cool! Thanks for visiting my blog..

    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new hair looks great, I love the colour
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier,com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing hair! Great review!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post! Simply stunning!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.comHave a fabulous weekend!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, sorry to hear you have been so ill, there's nothing worse than going to the doctors and being sent away with no help, especially when you feel so awful. Glad you are starting to feel better though and your hair looks lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sadie! I hope you have a great week! xx

      Delete
  13. Great post just as your all blog. I think that you are an awesome blogger, and I wish you luck in future! Kisses :* If you want, look my blog and follow me if you like it. <3 http://fdiarybyz.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness! I'll never get bored of this hair style!!! love it!!

    Paulina


    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks great!! I just love this post. Getting my hair done this week and writing a post about it. this just gave my inspiration! thanks for sharing!! xo

    Vanessa
    http://www.downtownmaven.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it gave you inspiration! I can't wait to see your new hair :)

      Delete

Flickr Images