Skin Care Routine

Hello lovelies! *With summer just around the corner, many of us look for ways to help cleanse our skin so we don't have to wear as muc...

Hello lovelies!

*With summer just around the corner, many of us look for ways to help cleanse our skin so we don't have to wear as much makeup. I wanted to share with you my personal nightly skin care routine!




First, I start with doTERRA's Fractionated Coconut Oil. It may sound odd to put oils onto your face, but I have found that Fractionated Coconut Oil is the BEST makeup remover!


I use Urban Decay's Ink for Eyes eyeliner, and it can be extremely tough to get off! With Fractionated Coconut Oil, my eye makeup comes of easily, and it doesn't irritate my eyes because it is so gentle! I have sensitive eyes, so Fractionated Coconut Oil has definitely been a favorite! I put 1-2 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil on 2 different cotton balls. I then gently use one cotton ball on each eye to remove the makeup. The makeup seriously comes off in a matter of seconds! I usually use 2 dry cotton balls after to go over my eyes again as I am not a fan of feeling oil on my eyes. Below you can see how well it took off the eyeliner from my left eye compared to my right:


Next, I use a makeup removing wipe to take off my raccoon eyes from the eyeliner, as well as to remove my foundation and lipstick if I have any on. You can use any wipe, but because of my sensitive skin, I went for this Up&Up (Target brand) Sensitive Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes. Again, this product is great because I can use them directly on my eyelids without irritating them.


After that, it's time to cleanse! I have been using Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser for a little bit now.


I like the consistency and how it makes my face feel after. I just wet it with water, then rub gently on my skin in circles. It foams right up! I use a washcloth that I wet one half with warm water, and I use that half to gently remove the cleanser. I then use the other dry half to pat my face dry. You could let it air dry if you prefer.


My last step changes a little bit. About once a week (or every other day depending on how bad my skin is acting up), I put a drop or two of doTERRA's Melaleuca (or you can use Tea Tree, as they are the same thing) oil on a cotton ball. I then wipe that cotton ball over the red spots on my face. I love how clean it makes my skin feel, but again, I don't like the feel of the oil, so I take another dry cotton ball after and wipe my face again with it to remove the excess oil. The smell of Melaleuca takes a bit of getting use to. T doesn't like the smell, but I don't mind it by now.


The nights I don't use Melaleuca, I usually spray Boot's Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz. I picked this up in Target a bit ago, and I absolutely love it! I love how it makes my face feel really clean and I love the smell of roses. It makes me feel refreshed! I just spray it all over my face and let it air dry.


My skin gets really used to products, so I alternate. Every time I shower, I use Alba Botanica Acne Dote. I have used this scrub for about 3 years now. I only use it in the shower, but I love how clean it makes my face feel after I get out. After I use it, I usually spritz the Rosewater.


Most of the products I use on my face are natural. I use doTERRA's Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils because I trust their product. You can use any oil brand you trust. You can also use regular Coconut Oil, but I like doTERRA's because it is a liquid instead of a solid.

I am actually on the lookout for a new cleanser as my excitement of using this Biore one has worn off. I feel like I need to be excited to use a product, and I feel like my cleanser needs an upgrade. A cleanser I have my eye on is the Aurelia Probiotic Skin Care Miracle Cleanser that can be found on Farfetch's new beauty section! It has Rosemary, Chamomile, Eucalyptus and Bergamot, which sounds lovely!

As you may have noticed, I don't have a moisturizer in my skin care routine. I know that's horrible, but I haven't found one I like. I am currently considering adding Aurelia Probiotic Skincare Cell Revitalize Night Moisturizer to my skin care routine!

I am loving that Farfetch has come out with a new beauty section. All of the products sound amazing and great quality! They offer so many different and wonderful products, that it is hard to just choose one!

What is your skin care routine like? What are your favorite skin care products?

I hope you all have a lovely week!

xx

You Might Also Like

44 comments

  1. Cool review Erica! Thanks for sharing!
    ♥☻♥☻♥
    Jeanne
    http;//fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love using oils so this is right up my alley! I use coconut oil as a makeup remover too. :)
    xo
    N
    Style Tomes ||ST on IG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great way to remove makeup!

      Delete
  3. These all look great, I want to try that acne scrub
    xo
    www.lauajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's one of my favorites!

      Delete
  4. Love your skincare routine! Thanks for sharing!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can recommend Creme de la Mer moisturizer. I was similar to you not finding one i loved, but then i tried out la mer and it was so so good! Pricey but lovely :)

    Love LC

    luckypretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I will need to try that one! Thank you for suggesting it!! xx

      Delete
  6. I would have never thought to use coconut oil as makeup remover! I always feel like the ones I buy at the store as a makeup remover are never that great. Definitely need to try this!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's really great and doesn't irritate eyes or skin.

      Delete
  7. I have never used an oil to remove my makeup, but seems like so many people rave about it - I definitely need to try this method

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's a great natural way to remove makeup :)

      Delete
  8. Absolutely lovely. I had fun reading your new post!


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing, Erica, I always love these kinds of posts. I love to get ideas on products to try that may be a good fit for my skin. I've never heard of Fractionated Coconut Oil before, sounds great for removing eye makeup! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a great day so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these kind of posts too :) you definitely should try it! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  10. I've heard really good things about Bioré products, I'm super keen to try their blackhead strips haha :) Have a great week!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I will need to try their blackhead strips! Thank you, hun! Have a great weekend! xx

      Delete
  11. Coconut oil is my favorite, always a great choice. Thanks for sharing your routine! <3 Radi

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say your style of writing is very impressive! You have a fantastic blog and all the pictures are wonderful! Loved everything!

    Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blog!


    Keep in touch
    Ritcha
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Thank you for stopping by! I will pop on over to your blog :)

      Delete
  13. amazing products!!! Thanks for sharing darling! Love this!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Biore products, especially their blackhead strips. Thanks for sharing!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to try their blackhead strips! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. I've never heard of or tried any of these products before, I generally use Origins! But these look quite good!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I will need to give Origins a try. Thank you for your suggestion!xx

      Delete
  16. Loved reading this, haha love to know about people's skin care routine! Always tend to stick to a good cleanser and a great moisturizer! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thx for sharing your skin care routine with us. I love oil for my face.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lenya! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  18. It's great how natural your routine is. Love the idea of the coconut oil. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! I try to keep it as natural as possible because my skin is so sensitive! xx

      Delete
  19. Great review. Thanks for sharing xx
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images