#GOMO

*Summer is the best time to go out and be active! Summer nights are my favorite because they aren't as hot as during the day, and it is ...

*Summer is the best time to go out and be active! Summer nights are my favorite because they aren't as hot as during the day, and it is just wonderful, comfortable weather to go have adventures!

Eventbrite is the largest self-service ticketing platform in the world that helps people find and plan events. You can plan your own events where you can sell tickets online. At Eventbrite, they are working on squashing the Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) and getting people away from Netflix and Chill. They are hoping to encourage Going Out More Often (#GOMO).


I love that they are doing this. I feel like I "Netflix and Chill" on a regular basis, and I don't want to have a fear of missing out. I want to live life to the fullest and I'm working hard on not being scared of everything haha.. T is crazy busy this summer with taking SO many credits AND having an internship, so we probably have to stay closer to home for most of the summer.

I am so excited for summer! Honestly, all I want to do is go to the beach this summer, so hopefully I get to! Here is a list of things I would love to do this summer:

BEACH: I love my mountains, but I am also such a beach bum! I love being by the water and feeling so calm! T and I took a trip to California when we were first dating that has always been such a fun memory to think of. We walked on the beach and ate yummy ice cream and just had a wonderful time enjoying each others company! I would love to go to the beach, even if it's just for the weekend!

Camping: T and I went camping for our One Year Anniversary [see post here]! We had such a great time! I am not a big camper.. I enjoy having a soft bed and a warm shower. It really was a blast when we last went, and since we don't have any big trips planned [last summer we went to Hawaii! see post here], we figured that camping could be a fun alternative! We just need to buy a tent.. And I need to figure out how to cook outside ;)

Swimming: This one is something that terrifies me. I like being in the water, as long as I can touch the ground.. Water kind of sets off my anxiety. It doesn't make much sense, but it does. I also can't hold my breath because I end up hyperventilating. I want to be able to go swimming. I want to be able to jump off of a dock into a lake [or even jump in from the side of a pool] without freaking out. I want to be able to hold my breath underwater [without plugging my nose]. I am going to try being more courageous this summer!

Hiking: Utah has some of the most gorgeous places in the world! I would love to go hiking more! We did an adventurous hike for our one year anniversary, and I hope we can go more! I love doing hikes that lead to something beautiful like a waterfall or view. One hike that we have done at least once a year for the last couple years is the hike to Diamond Fork Hot Springs. It is about a 2.25 mile hike in to the hot springs. They are natural hot springs, and it is so fun to go hiking in the middle of the night with a group of friends. I still haven't been there during the day, but it's too hot in the summer to hike to a hot springs ;) We will definitely be doing this hike again! I'm also love going to Bridal Veil Falls! It's a tiny hike [if you decide to hike], but it is just so great to be in the mountains! That waterfall is so beautiful! I'm even going there this weekend! :)

Eventbrite has so many great options on their site. It is also organized so well! They have great listings for every age group. They have wine tasting, cooking classes, self help classes, art shows, kid's classes, etc! I got really excited about an animal one until I clicked on it and realized that it was for 5-12 years old.. I am a kid at heart :) They list out charity events, school reunions, big conventions, etc. 

Definitely check out their event listing and rise above your fear of missing out! Get in the habit of going out more often (#GOMO)! What fun things do you hope to do this summer?

xx

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I used to avoid swimming so much because I hate blowdrying my thick hair. Last year I totally got over myself and swim in the ocean as often as I can. I realise how relaxing it was! Don't let the water scare you x

    lovelywoodland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will try to overcome that fear! Thank you for sharing your experience! xx

      Delete
  2. Nice photos :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool post Erica! Thanks for sharing!
    ♥☻♥☻♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. seems like a great pp.

    www.thewhiteprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these ideas for summer activities! This is definitely the best time of the year to stay active and productive. Thanks for sharing!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thank you for stopping by, Christina! :)

      Delete

Flickr Images