Easy Dinners for Two: Sloppy Joes

It is kind of hard cooking for two. In the last year and a half-ish of being married, I have gotten it down to an art form! ..kind of.. I wa...

It is kind of hard cooking for two. In the last year and a half-ish of being married, I have gotten it down to an art form! ..kind of.. I wanted to start a little series of blog posts of the dinners for two we enjoy, just in case you are looking for some quick and easy dinner ideas!

Sloppy Joes:

We love Sloppy Joes because it is SO easy and it makes us feel like we are having a BBQ kind of :) It is seriously so cheap ($1 for a can of Manwich and $1 for the cheap buns) and we usually make it once a week lately. All you need is:

1 Can Manwich
Hamburger Buns
Brown Sugar
Hamburger

Because there is only two of us, we actually put half of the can of Manwich in a separate container in the fridge to use for later. We brown about half a pound of hamburger, then drain the extra grease. We then put in the half a can of Manwich. We enjoy having tomato based sauces sweeter, so I usually add in a couple spoonfuls of brown sugar to the mix. This recipe usually feeds us both with two sandwiches each. We have been pairing it with corn on the cob lately [mmm]! When we don't have corn on the cob, we will eat some BBQ chips with it.

For the corn, I just husk it while the pot is starting to boil. I plop them right in, and let them cook for about 10-15 minutes. Those 10-15 minutes are the perfect time to make the sloppy joes.

What are some of your favorite recipes?

xx

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Sounds delicious and so easy to make! Anything with bread is my favorite, especially "banitsa" which is bread with Bulgarian cheese!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so yummy! I will need to try banitsa! Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. Sloppy Joes always remind me of the Mary Kate and Ashley film, I think they eat them in it haha. I need to try it, thank you for sharing! You have a lovely blog too, I would love to follow each other.. let me know! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Adele! I will hop on over to your blog now :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post!!

    Keep in touch
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great recipe, thanks for sharing!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I haven't had sloppy joes in so long, but a definite yes!!!

    Via Sora || instagram · twitter · pinterest · bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are soo good! Thank you for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! follow for follow?:)

    xx,
    Hilary
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Absolutely! I will hop on over to your blog now :)

      Delete
  7. I've never had sloppy joes. Sounds incredible!

    Love LC

    luckypretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images