A Series of Unfortunate Events Book Review

Hello lovelies, This is day four of Blogmas! You can see day three here ! In the midst of me re-reading the books I own, I re-read A Ser...

Hello lovelies,

This is day four of Blogmas! You can see day three here!

In the midst of me re-reading the books I own, I re-read A Series of Unfortunate Events. That book series has always been one that I enjoy! I really like that it has a mystery and a bunch of secrets the further you get into the series, and the book doesn't end super happy. It also doesn't end at the end.. it makes better sense if you have read the books. This series contains 13 unfortunate books:

1 - A Bad Beginning

2 - The Reptile Room

3 - The Wide Window

4 - The Miserable Mill

6 - The Ersatz Elevator

7 - The Vile Village

8 - The Hostile Hospital

9 - The Carnivorous Carnival

10 - The Slippery Slope

11 - The Grim Grotto

12 - The Penultimate Peril

13 - The End

I love these books because the author is telling you the entire series to read another book. It can get a bit monotonous, but it just kept me wanting to read more. It made me sad to think of the poor Baudelaire's and their unfortunate lives. Violet is the eldest, and she is an inventor. She is 14 at the start of the book. Klaus is the middle child, 12 years old, and he is an avid researcher and reader. Sunny is the baby and she likes to bite things, and later develops a talent for cooking. I love that they remain good people and happy despite their circumstances. There is never an instant where they sit and cry over what could be. They are all incredibly smart. There is a more sinister plot going on that gets explained later on in the story. There are also mysteries that aren't solved.

If you ever get a chance, definitely read this series. It is an easy read, as they are children's books, but they are informative and cleverly written.

Also, I am SO SO SO VERY EXCITED for the Series of Unfortunate Events Netflix series!! It looks AMAZING!

Have you read any great books recently? Are you planning on watching the Netflix series when it comes out? I hope you have a great week ahead!

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images