D.I.Y. Merbabe Shirt

This is day nine of Blogmas! You can see day six here ! For the Alison Show's Shell Yes! party, I decided to D.I.Y my own shirt. I...

This is day nine of Blogmas! You can see day six here!

For the Alison Show's Shell Yes! party, I decided to D.I.Y my own shirt. I found pictures online of the outline of the shells I wanted for the front. I got my shirt at Michael's Craft Store for $5, and I got the fabric paint for a couple dollars each [also from Michael's]. Then I went home, put on some Friends, and got to work!


I decided to go with the above fabric glue and it worked out so well! They go on pretty faint, but when they dry, they look amazing! I wanted to do shells over my chest, so I pulled up a picture of a fairly simple shell pattern and put my phone under the first layer of the shirt, so I could still see the glow of the pattern I was following. It worked pretty well, except when I would accidentally move the picture a little bit. I used a pencil to mark the shirt before putting on the fabric paint.


This is with just using the purple. I decided I wanted to outline it in gold glitter, so it ended up like this:


Then I wanted to do a design on the back with blue, and I placed it near the bottom on the back, so all I had to do was fold the shirt over, turn it upside, and begin to work:


I used the blue and gold glitter. This is probably my favorite part of the shirt. While drying the whole shirt looked like this:


I am really impressed with how this turned out! I had a lot of fun doing it! If you want to see it on, definitely check out my Shell Yes! post!

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images