Easy Dinners for Two: Chicken Enchiladas

Hello lovelies! This is day three of Blogmas! You can see day two of Blogmas here ! This is one of the recipes we use when making C...

Hello lovelies!

This is day three of Blogmas! You can see day two of Blogmas here!

This is one of the recipes we use when making Chicken Enchiladas. Tyson's family has their own recipe, and so does mine, and this recipe kind of combines the two into a variation of our own. It's a lot of estimation and is completely dependent upon your preferences. You will need:

Chicken [for the two of us, I usually just do one chicken breast fillet, as I am not a big meat eater]
Cream of Chicken Soup
Green Enchilada Sauce
Sour Cream
Tortillas
Cheese: We usually do Colby Jack cheese
Veggies on the side: Our favorites are spinach and/or lettuce and tomatoes

**This usually makes 4 enchiladas for us, which is perfect for the two of us. If we don't end up eating it all, it is pretty good heated up.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees [Fahrenheit]. I start by setting up the sauce. For the sauce, I use about a regular can size of green enchilada sauce [usually I buy the huge cans which can usually last us about 3 times making this]. I put that into a sauce pan and I add half a can of cream of chicken soup, and a couple spoonfuls of sour cream, and a handful of shredded cheese.

I cut the raw chicken into cubes, and I just grill them up in a skillet. Once the oven is preheated, your chicken is thoroughly cooked, and the sauce is warm, it's time to start setting them up! In a baking dish, take a little bit of the sauce, and coat the bottom of the baking dish in a small layer. Then, take a tortilla and put some sauce, chicken and cheese in each one to your preference. Fold the tortillas so they make little rectangles [or you can leave them open ended, whichever you prefer], and put them into the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas, and cover with cheese. Put them into the oven for 5-10 minutes. You basically want the cheese to be melted.  I like this because I can leave them in for a little longer while I am preparing the veggies, so if they sit in the oven for 10 minutes, they are fine.

For the veggies, we just like to make a little salad. Pictured below is just spinach and tomatoes. Once they are done, I add sour cream to the top of mine. Tyson likes his with ranch sometimes. 


Let me know if you try this recipe! Have a great rest of the weekend!

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images