January Book Club

Hello lovelies! I have been reading like crazy! I just love reading so much! Here are the books I have read in the month of January: 1. ...

Hello lovelies!

I have been reading like crazy! I just love reading so much! Here are the books I have read in the month of January:

1. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: This is about Violet who is always looking towards the future and never wanting to look behind her because of her sister's accident. This is also about Theodore who is fascinated by death. They meet at the top of a building where they are about to jump. -- I liked this book a lot, but it made me really sad.

2. The Young Elites by Marie Lu: This book is about Adeline who is accused of murdering her father. There was a plague that affected a lot of children. Some of the children that survived got powers. -- I thought this book was very interesting. I had read the Legend series by Marie Lu, and this was definitely different. It is interesting to have the main character be someone with darkness inside of them. This is book one of a series.

3. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard: This is book two of the Red Queen series. I kind of have a hard time getting through this series, and I'm not quite sure why.

4. Yes, Please by Amy Phoeler: I thought her book was funny, but it wasn't my favorite. My favorite part was when she talked about her cast mates on Parks and Rec and her favorite moments with them.

5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher: A boy named Clay received a box full of tapes from a girl named Hannah who committed suicide. There is a list of thirteen people who are the reasons why she committed suicide, and the tapes must be listened to by each one of them. Clay is convinced it is a mistake that he is on that list. -- I really liked this book. I kept hoping that Hannah wasn't actually dead, but that was obviously a foolish hope. It is kind of depressing, but it is also so interesting. I am really excited for the Netflix series about it.

6. Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres: I loved her book! I love that her personality shines through the book. I thought it was funny and witty. Honestly, I just love Ellen!

7. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer: Okay guys... the Twilight series is a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't know what it is, but I can't put the books down when I read them. I enjoy reading them because the characters are SO much better than portrayed in the movies. If you haven't read them [who hasn't?!] definitely give them a try. They are super easy reads and just.. give them a try.

8. Crossed by Allie Condie: This is the second book of the Matched series. I really liked Matched, but the rest of the series doesn't really meet that same level of greatness.

9. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: You guys.. this book was crazy! I was a little paranoid after listening to it, but it was so good! I didn't expect the murder to be who it was at all. I listened to it as an audiobook, and the readers were also great! This book is told from the point of view of three women [which can be a bit confusing]. All in all, I would definitely recommend this book if you like a bit of a suspenseful book!

10. Heartless by Marissa Meyer: Marissa Meyer wrote the Cinder series as well. I loved the Cinder series, but I also really loved Heartless. This book is about the Queen of Hearts before she was the Queen of Hearts. I love the spins Marissa Meyer puts on the fairytales, and I really loved this one, even though I was sad at the end. But again, we know that the Queen of Hearts is heartless.

Have you been reading any good books lately? I have quite the book list going for books I want to read, and I still find myself adding more!

xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images