February Book Club

Hello lovelies! For February being a short month, I certainly read a lot! Let's get started: 1.  Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer...

Hello lovelies!

For February being a short month, I certainly read a lot! Let's get started:

1.  Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven: This book is about Libby who is "America's Fattest Teen". Libby lives life so fully, and she doesn't let her weight drag her down. -- I love how Jennifer Niven develops her characters. They come to life on the pages!

2. The Rose Society by Marie Lu: This is the second book of The Young Elites. You can see my description / thoughts on my January Book Club post here.

3. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness: This book made me cry. It is about a little boy named Conor who's mother is sick, and a monster shows up at his window one night. I LOVED this book. Seriously, read it! I can't wait to see the movie now, even though I will cry like a baby!

4. Reached by Allie Condie: This is the last book in the Matched series. Again, the best one in this series is the first one. I just wasn't impressed with the ending of this series.

5. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling: You can see so much of her personality in this book / when listening to this book. I was very entertained!

6. Queen Song by Victoria Aveyard: This is a sub-book of the Red Queen series. This is about the Queen who died. It is crazy how well this book shows her paranoia before she dies [and no, this isn't a spoiler. The Queen this story is about is the Queen that is dead at the beginning of the Red Queen series].

7. Steel Scars by Victoria Aveyard: This is also a sub-book of the Red Queen series. This is about the rebellion, and also seems to be set before the start of Red Queen.

8. Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling: Same as above! I really enjoyed the stories she told. She is really funny to listen to!

9. Insurgent by Veronica Roth: I made the mistake of seeing the movies before reading the books. The movies were disappointing. I don't really remember this book.. so let's move on to the next!

10. Allegiant by Veronica Roth: If you haven't noticed, I enjoy a happy ending. This book made me sad because it did not have the happy ending I expected. If I say much more than that, I will spoil it. I feel like it is worth the read. However, the movies after the first one do not really follow the books that closely. From what I can tell, they completely changed the entire book / ending of this one in the movie.

11. Four by Veronica Roth: I liked reading about Four's side of things throughout the first book! If you like the Divergent series, you should definitely give this one a read!

12. Orphan #8 by Kim Van Alkemade: This book was not my favorite, but it was interesting. This book is about a girl during World War Two in New York. It was interesting to see the war from the point of view of the states. Because she was an orphan, she was tested on in the orphanage with X-rays. I wasn't too impressed with the storyline, ending, characters, or language.. All in all, I probably would not recommend this book.

13: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon: I LOVED this book. Seriously though.. probably one of my favorites! It is about a girl named Madeline who is basically allergic to the world, and will die if she goes outside. She is eighteen years old and has never been outside. A boy named Olly moves in next door and changes her life. -- This book was great! It didn't end the way I expected and had the happy ending I always love in a book! Read this! I can't wait to go see the movie!!

Have you read anything interesting lately?

xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice :)
    M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/search/label/MariaV.
    Maria Vidrasco

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images