April and May Book Club

Hello lovelies, During the months of April and May I kind of failed at reading more. I only read one book in the month of May [what?!?!], ...

Hello lovelies,

During the months of April and May I kind of failed at reading more. I only read one book in the month of May [what?!?!], so I am combining them :) enjoy!

1. Ensnared by A. G. Howard: This is book three of the Splintered series I mentioned previously. I really enjoyed this series SO much! I love twists on classic stories. The ending had me freaking out! You can see my description / thoughts on my March Book Club post here.

2. and 3. The Giver and Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry: The Giver is a book that I have wanted to reread for a long time. It is about Jonas who is the new giver. The giver is the keeper of memories in this dystopian society. Gathering Blue has always been one of my favorites, so I decided to reread it. It is about Kira who is a gifted weaver. She learns that artists in their community are taken as children and kept as prisoners to the will of their Council.

4, 5, and 6. The Testing, Independent Study, and Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau: I didn't want to put these books down! They are very similar to the Hunger Games series. It is about Cia who has worked hard to attend University. She is chosen to go to University, but it is nothing she thought it would be. The tests there are often deadly.

7. The Midnight Star by Marie Lu: This is the third book of The Young Elites. You can see my description / thoughts on my January Book Club post here.

8. The Twelve Days of Lily and Dash by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan: This was such a Christmas-y book! It is about Lily and Dash and their budding romance. Lily's grandfather is dying, so she is sad and uninterested in Christmas [which is completely unlike her], so Dash [who has never been in to the spirit of Christmas] decides to lift her spirits up and enjoy Christmas.

Have you read anything on this list? What have you been enjoying to read lately?

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images