June Bookclub

Hello lovelies! Here are the books I read in the month of June :) 1. and 2. The Julian Chapter and Shingaling by R.J. Palacio: The...

Hello lovelies!

Here are the books I read in the month of June :)

1. and 2. The Julian Chapter and Shingaling by R.J. Palacio: These are sub-books of Wonder. The Julian Chapter is all about Julian, and Shingaling is about Charlotte. You can see my description / thoughts about Wonder on my March Book Club post here.

3. Need by Joelle Charbonneau: This is about a girl named Kaylee who is kind of known as dramatic because she is trying to find a kidney for her brother. A new social networking site called 'NEED' appears for only the one high school. On that site, they request what they think they 'need' and have to do certain tasks to receive what they 'need'. Tasks that seem innocent at the beginning, but they definitely aren't as they progress. I just wanted to know what happened next as I was reading this one! Definitely a page turner. 

4. King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard: This is the third book in the Red Queen Series. It is hard for me to get through this series.

5. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham: Franny is a struggling actress in New York City. I thought this book was really funny and I enjoyed that it was read by Lauren Graham.

6. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth: Cyra has a currentgift that gives her constant pain and enables her to transfer that pain to others. Her brother exploits that as ruler of the Shotet people. Akos was kidnapped from his family at a young age from the planet of Thuvhe. I really liked this book and I am excited for the next one to come out! 

7. Untamed by A.G. Howard: This was a sub-book in the Splintered series. You can see my description / thoughts about Wonder on my March Book Club post here.

8. The Jewel by Amy Ewing: The Jewel is the royalty of this civilization. They are unable to have children of their own, and offspring is everything for them. They can only have one boy and one girl. They use surrogates. Surrogates have the capability of determining the gender and other aspects of their babies. Violet was tested for being a surrogate, but she has no desire to be one. I really liked this one!

9. Altered by Jennifer Rush: Anna's father works for the Branch [their government] and is administering treatments to genetically altered boys. Anna is in love with one of the boys. When the Branch comes to take the boys, Anna discovers there are more secrets than she had thought before. I also really liked this one, and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. 

10. The Guineveres by Sarah Domet: This is about 4 Guineveres in the time of World War 2, and they live in a convent. They dream of getting out and try multiple times to 'escape'. I thought this book was interesting. I don't know that much about convents or the Catholic faith, so it was interesting to read about!

11. Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi: This is a sub-book in the Under the Never Sky series. You can see my description / thoughts about this series on my March Book Club post here.

12. The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines: We love Fixer Upper, so I was so excited to finally get my hands on this book! I actually decided to listen to the audio book because it was read by Chip and Joanna, and I LOVED IT! So good! It talks all about how Fixer Upper came to be and the struggles they went through!

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images